Sunday, November 4, 2007

Lucy Womack, Child of William "Buck" Womack and Sarah McBee

Lucy WOMACK was born on April 28, 1820 in Tennessee. She died in 1880 in Missouri.

Lucy WOMACK and William R. WOMACK were married on July 6, 1854 in Ste. Genevieve County, MO.[1]

William R. WOMACK (probable son of Josiah WOMACK and Comfort, please see following web page by Robert Burke. Robert has a pretty convincing argument that William R. Womack was Josiah Womack's son. http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~reburke/lines/data/womack/ew/lines/josiah_womack_109a.html ) was born on October 19, 1807 in North Carolina. He died on June 17, 1882 in St. Genevieve County, MO. He was buried in Pleasant Hill Cemetery, Avon, Ste. Genevieve County, MO.

1850 Ste. Genevieve County, Saline Township, MO

Dwelling #545, Family #560, Womac, William, age 42, M, Farmer, Born in NC
Womac, Hanna, age 43, F, Born in TN
Womac, Sarah E., age 18, F, Born in AL
Womac, Margeret, age 15, F, Born in AL
Womac, John W., age 14, M, Born in AL
Womac, Benjamin B., age 11, M, Born in AL
Womac, Nancy A. age 9, F, Born in AL
Womac, Mary C., age 7, F, Born in AL
Womac, Josiah C., age 6, M, Born in MO
Womac, Joel F., age 5, M, Born in MO
Womac, Levi P., age 3, M, Born in MO

1860 Ste. Genevieve County, Saline Township, MO

Dwelling #990, Family #992, Womack, W.R., age 54, M, Farmer, Born in NC
Womack, Lucy, age 38, F, Born in TN
Womack, Mary C., age 17, F, Born in AL
Womack, Josiah, age 15, M, Born in MO
Womack, Thomas, age 13, M, born in MO
Womack, Preston, age 12, M, Born in MO
Womack, Marietta, age 7, F, Born in MO
Womack, Robert, age 3, M, Born in MO

1870 Ste. Genevieve County, Saline Township, MO

Dwelling #159, Family #170, Womack, William, age 62, M, Farmer, Born in NC
Womack, Lucy, age 50, F, Keeping House, born in TN
Womack, Josiah, age 22, M, Born in MO
Womack, Thomas, age 19, M, Born in MO
Womack, Preston, age 18, M, Born in MO
Womack, Jane, age 16, F, Born in MO
Womack, Robert, age 12, F, Born in MO
Robertson, David, age 8, M, Born in MO

1880 Ste. Genevieve County, Saline Township, MO

Dwelling #10, Family #10, Womack, Wm R., age 73, M, Head, Born in AL, Father born in AL, Mother born in AL
Womack, Lucy, age 60, F, Wife, Born in AL, Father born in AL, Mother born in AL
Womack, Martha, age 21, F, Daughter, Born in MO, Father born in AL, Mother born in AL
Womack, Effie T., age 1/12, F, Granddaughter, Born in MO, Father born in MO, Mother born in MO
Robinson, Frances J., age 20, Granddaughter, Born in MO, Father born in MO, Mother born in AL

Will of William R. Womack
Ste. Genevieve County, MO

In the name of God, Amen, I William R. Womack of the county of Ste. Genevieve and State of Missouri being in good bodily health, and of sound and disposing mind and memory calling to mind the frailty and uncertainty of human life, and being desiuous of settling my worldly affairs and directing how the estates with which it has pleased God. To bless me shall be disposed of after my decease while I have strength and capacity so to do do make and publish this my last will and testament hereby revoking and making null and void all other last wills and testaments by me heretofore made, And first, commend my immortal being to Him who gave it and my body to the earth to be buried with little expense or how by my executors hereinafter named.

And as to my worldly estate and all the property real personal or mixed of which I shall die seized and possessed onto which I shall be entilted at the time of my decease I devise, bequeth and dispose thereof in manner following to wit:

First my will is that all my jest debts and funeral charges shall by my executors hereinafter named be paid out of my estate as soon after my decease as shall by them be found convenient.

Second I give devise and bequeath to my beloved wife Lucy Womack all of my estate both real personal and mixed and whatsoever nature and discription and wheresoever situate of which I shall die siezed and possesed or to which I shall be entitled at the time of my decease including the farm and premises on which I now reside and all the household and kitchen furniture stocks farm implements wagons and machinery for and during her natural lifetime or widowhood to be used and enjoyed by her and those of my family who shall reside with her as long as she shall live and whatever thereof that remains at her death I despose of as follows viq.

3rd I give and bequeath unto my son Francis Womack the sum of one dollar as his full share and interest in my estate real and personal to be paid him out of the remaining of my estate after the death of my said wife Lucy Womack

4th I give and bequeath to my daughter Martha Haddock wife of John Haddock the sum of one dollar as her full share and interest in my estate real and personal to be paid her out of my estate after the death of my said wife.

5th I give and bequeath to John Abshire son of my deceased daughter Sarah E. Abshire one dollar as his full share and interest in my estate real and personal - to be paid him at the death ofmy said wife.

6th I give and bequeath to Elizabeth Jane and Martha B. Womack children and only heirs of my deceased son John Womack the sum of one dollar as their full share and interest in my estate real and personal to be paid them, after the decease of my said wife.

7th I give and bequeath to my daughter Margret L. Wampler the sum of one dollar as her full share and interest in my estate real and personal to be paid at the death of my said wife.

8th I give and bequeath to my two Grand children Fanny Robertson, and Joseph D. Robertson children of my deaceased daughter Nancy Robertson the sum of one dollar as their full share and interest in my estate real and personal to be paid them at the death of my said wife.

9th all the rest and residue of my estate remaining at the death of my said wife Lucy Womack after the payment of the above legacis, including real and personal and mixed estate I give devise and bequeath the remaining of my sons and daughters viz Benjamin Womack, Josiah Womack, Joel Thomas Womack, Nancy C Wampler wife of Jacob Wampler, Levi P. Womack, Marietta Jane Counts wife of James L. Counts and Robert Marion Womack and to the heirs of the body of the said Benjamin, Josiah, Joel Thomas, Nancy, Levi P., Marietta Jane & Robert Marion and to their heirs and assigns forever to be devided equally between them share and share alike I do hereby nominate and appoint my said wife Lucy Womack to be executor of this my last will and testament.

In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal the third day of December AD 1877
William R Womack (seal)

We attest the above and foregoing will by subscribing our names hereto as witnesses in the presence of William R. Womack, the testostor this 3rd day of December 1877
J. W. Coffman T.B. Marks

Ste. Genevieve Herald
Ste. Genevieve, Mo.
Saturday, Mar. 24, 1883

PROBATE COURT PROCEEDINGS
Monday, March 12, 1883

Court met, present, Hon. Wm. H. BANTZ, Judge, Louis NAUMAN, Sheriff.
In matter of appointment of Probate clerk, John L. BOGY, appointed clerk Probate Court.

Est. - F. BARISIEN, Dr. J.B. COX - $20.75
R.N. KETTINGER, F.C. FALLER, guardian, files inventory and
settlement; continued to March term 1884
" - Martha Ann KETTINGER, same entry
" - Jos. MERTEL, John L. BOVERIE, allowed - $7.65
" - J.L. HAINEY, G.W. GRIFFITH appointed admin. pendenti
lite, and estate E.P. BAILEY, allowed - $27.25
" - E.L. BEARD, S.R.F. HAND, allowed - $27.80
" - Mary Ella RHOADES, C.C. ROZIER files notice of taking
charge of.
" - F. HETTIG & Br., same entry.
" - E.L. BEARD, renunciation of will by widow filed.

Tuesday

Est. - COFFMAN minors, settlement filed and approved.
" - COUNTS minors, same entry.
" - H.N. KELLY, Sam HUGHES, claimant continued by consent.
" - Francis SCHWOEBEL, minor, V. ROTTLER appointed
guardian and bond fixed at $200.
" - R.G. SCHWOEBEL, C. MOTZEL, same entry.
" - Silas LAWS, settlement filed and approved.
" - F. BARISIEN, J. BOGY, executor directed to pay $10 for
burying lot.
" - E.L. BEARD, John PERRY allowed - $27.35
Jos. EADES - $28.65
John GIBSON - $72.20
John SHEARLOCK - $3.50
" - J.L. HANEY, Thos. HEBERLIE allowed - $5.50
" - Jos. HERMAN, minor, settleman filed and approved.
" - John WOOLFORD, settlement filed and approved and G.W.
GRIFFITH ordered to distribute $350.
" - Jacob WAMPLER, settlement filed and approved.
" - Wm. R. WOMACK, assets ordered turned over to widow.
" - N.M. COUNTS, notice final settlement and vouchers filed
and adm. discharged.
" - C.L. and W.H. KETTINGER, Wm. KETTINGER, guardian,
leave to file inventory in vacation.
" - Meinrad KETTINGER, same entry.
" - Joseph KETTINGER, receipts showing final distribution filed.
" - E.L. BEARD, G.W. BEARD claimant, judgement of costs for
estate.
" - H.N. KELLY, Frank GEGG, allowed - $31.
" - Israel DODGE, deed from administrator acknowledged

Lucy WOMACK and William R. WOMACK had the following children:

i. Melvina M WOMACK was born in 1855. She died in April 1860.
ii. Robert Benton WOMACK, born on May 27, 1857, Avon, Ste. Genevieve County, MO; married Almenza Evelina MAYBERRY, on September 25, 1879, Ste. Genevieve County, MO; died on August 12, 1920, St. Francois County, MO.
iii. Charles C. R. WOMACK was born in 1859. He died in April 1860.
iv. Martha WOMACK was born in 1860.
v. Andrew J. WOMACK was born in 1861

[1] William R. Womack & Lucy Womack, Ste. Genevieve County, MO marriage license, no. (1854).

No comments: